Monday, May 10, 2010

Getting Ready for Baby!

So we are in the single digits for our countdown till baby arrives. Only 9 more weeks to go!!!! I feel kinda guilty for even bringing it up to my doctor, but I had to ask about being induced a little early since I have such a short time off of work. I want to spend as much time getting adjusted to being a mama, so if there are any signs of my "cha cha" dilating or ripening, he said we could get this show on the road July 5th! That is of course if this little one doesn't want to come before that even. Can you tell I am anxious????
So we have been busy bees working on the nursery, being showered by friends, and traveling to Minnesota. Sorry for the abundance of pictures, but I can't help myself. Enjoy!

You will have to wait for more nursery pictures once it is all put together.

Scott's gift from NeNe for baby. I hope this child likes sports...

Scott's gift from Bobo. Scott HATES peas so this was very appropriate! It says "Give Peas a Chance"

We traveled to MN for Rich's memorial a few weeks ago and recieved some keepsakes from Scott's mom. This little gun was a diaper pin that Scott used as a baby. And yes I did get my bag checked going thru security because of this little guy!!!!

The silver bowl, cup and spoons were ones that Scott's mom used as a baby. I love getting sentimental family heirlooms like this. The rest of the stuff was Scott's baby items.

My sweet nieces. I have a BIG announcement though.....these girls will be big sisters in December!!!! I love it that Brittany and my baby will be only 4 months apart. I think having cousins close in age will be so fun!

Eating lunch before my shower in Dallas

I had the cutest shower ever given by my dear friends throughout life and my sis-in-law. They went above and beyond spoiling me and this baby. We are so blessed!!!






These are my BFF Elizabeth's twins Adler and Carson. I can't believe how fast these babies grow up. Before we know it, our baby will be playing on the floor like this.

I of course recieved lots of help from Mabry and Marly opening my gifts. I think they were a little bummed out when they realized that going to a "baby shower" didn't include me actually HAVING the baby on that day. I was sorry to let them down but it won't be long now.....

No comments: