Thursday, July 10, 2008

Catching Up

Up front I apologize for how long this blog is. I've given up on trying to blog once a week, even once every two weeks, but HOPEFULLY I can blog once a month. So since last time...Bobo and Mom visited us in June. It was Bobo's first time to see our house and Minnesota for that matter. We had a blast. I think she really enjoyed seeing where Scott and I call "home" (for now).
We made the trip to Texas for the 4th of July. It's funny how quickly your body forgets how hot it really is down there. I loved every minute of it though. Most of all I enjoyed spending time with my family, especially Mabry and Marly. They change sooo much between times that I get to see them. Mabry is learning to swim, so we really encouraged her to get into the lake and try it out. The big water kinda scared her at first, but before long she warmed up to the idea. Marly on the other hand is the fearless one (I think she takes after her aunt). We had to hold onto her with both hands so she wouldn't jump out of the Megastation (see below). As usual, NeNe cooked WAY TOO much and we managed to eat WAY TOO much. All the guys enjoyed catching fish and the traditional fish fry took place on Sat nite.
School is starting to kinda slow down for a month or so. We are going to a friend from school's cabin this weekend, so hopefully NEXT month I will post pics from that.






We had sooo much fun, NeNe couldn't stand it!!!







Here's Miss Priss #1

















This is what Marly does when you ask her "What's in your mouth?"

Funny Uncle Scott

The entire Weaver Clan....beware!!!!

Warning....naked baby!

Doin' what we do best!!!!















Showing their patriotism

Just trying to stay cool in this Texas heat

Too precious



Here's pictures from Mom and Bobo's visit to Minnesota back in June. Bobo taught me some of her cooking secrets and as usual we enjoyed every last drop. One day, the ladies went to Stillwater, MN and spent the day shopping and seeing the sites. I compare Stillwater to Fredricksburg, TX...same idea.

The draw bridge on the St. Croix

Mom and Bobo in Stillwater, in front of the St.Croix River

Bobo and Me



Scott can't help himself when it comes to Bobo's cream corn

5 comments:

Scott said...

Home (for now)? HMMM, Not so sure about that comment, but I love you anyways :)

amie said...

What is he talking about??????????????????????????????

I need to believe that you are comming back to Texas someday....sooner rather then later!!! I just posted to Abbe that we need a SB weekend at the lake!! Missing you!

Jill said...

Yea!!! You're alive!!! You look so pretty in that picture with Bobo! I'm glad you guys had a good hot 4th in the Lonestar state. I wish we could have hung out.

Abbe said...

Don't you love the megastation!!! I am so glad you had a fabulous Texas 4th and I am with Amie, we miss you sooo much!

Welch Party of 4! said...

Hey girlie!! So glad to see you on here!! Hope you are doing good!! You look fabulous!! Take care and keep in touch!