Well, another month has furiously past me by. October started off with the passing of my Granny. Granny had been struggling with cardiac issues for many years, but as she always did in the past, she would smile and say she was fine. This time, she made it home from the hospital to pass away in her own bed with my Grandad there. Sweet but sad. So that brought an in prompt trip to Tejas.
Returned to MN just in time to run my 10K. I was battling a cold, couldn't breathe the last mile, but I finished in 1 hr and 4 mins. My goal was to run the entire way, which I did, so to me it was a success. The run was called the Big Woods Run, which should have led me to believe that I would not be running on flat asphalt the entire way. People were falling left and right, stumbling over tree roots and wet leaves. It was a very pretty run, at least the part that I saw when I wasn't focused on not falling.
My birthday was pretty low key as my parents weren't able to come up for the weekend, seeing that my Granny passed the week before. All in all I suppose birthdays become less of a "big deal" as you get older. Scott and I went to eat at my fav Japanese restaurant, and he gave me a GC to my fav apparel store. Shopping is something that I haven't been able to do a lot of since going back to school. It was the perfect gift.
Halloween was fun. Our neighborhood is full of kids anyway, so on Oct 31st, it's like an invasion of little ones. I love passing candy and playing along with each kid's costume. Duke on the other hand, growls every time someone comes to the door. I even dressed him up in one of Scott's Vikings jersey, hoping that he would play along, but no. The weather has been perfect here, and since most of us ran out of candy by 8pm, all the neighbors gathered together for one last campfire.
Then there is school. I am in the process of writing my first of two 16 page research paper. Painful, but it's going well. Other than that it's just clinicals and studying for boards.
Sorry this is a boring post without pics, but I'm waiting for Scott to shoot his first deer with his bow so I can brag on him some. So until then.....
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment