Duke likes the look of snow more so from the inside of a warm house than from the outside.
Now that our move is official, I am trying to enjoy some of our "lasts" in Minnesota. So to start it off, I am enjoying our last full winter here. The snow has never really bothered me around Christmas time, but because it lasts so stinking long (till April) I can do without it after Santa comes. I try to get Duke outside when it is 20 degrees or above, so today we had a little play time in the backyard.
He isn't the biggest fan of the cold on his sensitive Southern paws...even after 3 years here. And yes, I did try the dog boots, but they don't stay on and I end up having to trek thru the snow picking them up.
Crazy dog...he would rather eat the snow than play in it!
One more thing that Duke nor I will miss is me flipping out every time we come in from outside. I have to make him sit right next to the door, so I can clean his paws off before he wonders about all over my floor. I know I'm trying to seek help for my clean floor obsession.
One thing that I will miss terribly are our neighbors and their sweet kiddos. Since we don't have any of our own, Scott and I have taken a strong liking to these 3. We do have wonderful neighbors and friends that will be hard to leave.
Sweet Katelyn has leukemia and I can't wait to come back and visit her when she is all better and her beautiful hair has grown back.
We feel so blessed with the friends and life experiences that life "up North" has brought us.

1 comment:
I will check with Amy for sure. Congrats, on moving back to Texas! I would love to move back there at some point,but I don't think it will be anytime soon. I never know where we will end up. My dogs act the same way about snow, they are not quite sure what to think about it.
Post a Comment