I have a special request. For those of you who don't know, my father-in-law Rich was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer in Feb. He has under gone 3 bouts of chemo and radiation with high hopes that they caught the cancer early and is in a limited phase. The MDs were hopeful that this type of tumor responds well to chemo.
This past week, he under went a CT of his chest and abdomen to see if the tumor shrunk. Unfortunately, his left lung is still collapsed and they were unable to see if the tumor was present. In addition, there are suspicious spots on his liver and spine. Of course with my experience, I start to think the worse. Rich now has undergone additional test to see if in fact theses "spots" are malignant or merely cysts.
We pray daily that God's will be done, but selfishly we want these tumors all to disappear. Please join me in lifting up Rich. He is such a strong, positive man, but I know deep inside he is battling and scared. We can never have enough people praying for him. Scott has been amazing through all this as well. He is handling this much better than I would.
Thank you all! I will keep you posted, we will find out Tuesday the results and get a new game plan.
God Bless!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment