Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

As always, I must start off my post by apologizing for not being very good at keeping up with my blog. So I'm sorry.....
Now I want to wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Where has 2009 gone? Here we are at the end of November, and I feel inclined to sit and write out all that I am thankful for. My cup truly runeth over!

(in no particular order)

- Finishing graduate school. I am FINISHED!!!!! That sounds so good to say! My graduation ceremony is on December 5th, but I have been finished with everything since Nov. 7th. So for the past 3 weeks, I have been studying ALL day usually from 9am-9pm for boards. Ok, so I may get in a nap here and there, but for the most part I just sit at home and study.

- For my husband. Without Scott I wouldn't be here today, only days away from being a CRNA (Lord willing). He has been my rock and my cheerleader. He has seen me in the worst of moods, he has had to listen to all my complaints, and has wiped away many tears in the last 27 months. Thanks honey, for always believing in me when I doubted myself and wanted to quit. You deserve just as much credit for my completion of CRNA school as I do. I am a better person because of you. Love you!

_ For Family and Friends. I can't leave out the ones that live both near and far away. I know you have kept us in your prayers for the past couple of years and I can't thank you enough for that. I realize I have let some relationships fall by the waste-side as I have had to commit my life to school for the past 2.5 yrs, but I have never stopped loving or thinking of you. That's just the thing with GOOD friends, you can pick it up right where you left off. So I'm picking it back up with some of you.......:)

- For my Lord. He has walked with me day in and day out, and sometimes has even had to carry me. Thank you Lord for placing me in this awesome opportunity to advance in my career and for the opportunity to go back "home." You are so good. Your blessings never stop amazing me. How wonderful you are!!! I pray that I can repay you through my actions and reciprocate my love for you to others. May I grow stronger in you and fall deeper in love with you daily.

- Finally.........for Baby July. Like I said God is soooo good. He even decided to bless us with a little one. We decided a few months ago that we were ready to start a new adventure and a new chapter in our life. So thanks be to God, we found out on Nov. 3rd that we would be expecting our first child.
Let me explain how I came up with Baby July's nick-name (that is not what Scott call's her/him). Anyway, being from TX and living up north, I frequently hear comments on the way I say things. Okay, some people just laugh and ask me to say words over and over again. Well July is one of those words that my girlfriends from school just LOVE for me to say. They think is sounds like "Jooolyyyy." So that has been my nick name for them for quite some time now. Once I broke the news to my buddies that we were having a baby, they said "Ooooohhhh, your gonna have a little Jooolyyyy" (in their best TX accent). So there it is.
I am 7 weeks along as of tomorrow. We had our first Dr's apt on Nov. 17th, and our first sonogram was today. The heart rate was a strong 122 beats/min. I could have sat there all day and just listened to it. The sound litteraly took my breath away. Baby July will be making his/her debut around July 15th!!! We are waiting till the big day to see if Baby July will be an NFL line-backer (like his daddy wishes he was) or if she will be a tutu wearing, karaoke singing, drama queen (like her mama was growing up).

Baby July, your mama and daddy already love you so much and we haven't even met you yet. I can only imagine how much this love will grow daily for you. We pray that God gives us the strength and wisdom to raise you in a house that always fears and loves the Lord above all things. Stay cozy in there and keep growing stronger and stronger. I cherish each moment God blesses me as your mom.




Happy Thanksgiving to all and I pray that this finds you well. I REALLY am going to try to do a better job keeping up the blog. Now that I finally have something interesting to write about, it should be easier to do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you guys. Hope you are feeling well. Next time you're in the DFW area, give me a call. I'd love to see you!!!

Jill said...

YAY!! I knew it...I had to skip ahead while I was reading to find "the announcement". I am so happy for you and Scott. What a blessing! May God bless your growing family. Love ya!

Abbe said...

YAY!!!!! We are sooo excited for baby July! I am so glad you are going to be suprised, too, you will love it. I hope you are feeling good!

The Davis Daily said...

So happy for you! You, Jill and I will have babies just about a month apart. Good luck on your boards, I know you will do great!

Shannon said...

Hi Heidi! Congratulations on your pregnancy and on completing grad school! That is way impressive. Hope you are feeling great and good luck on boards!

Unknown said...

heidi!! congrats girl!! aww duke will be a big brother :) miss you, would love to see you again soon :)