Tuesday, May 6, 2008

You know your from TX when you know what 1st Monday means!

I know, I know, it's been a while! I have been really busy though. I was able to take a quick trip the TX for 1st Monday's Trade Days in Canton with my mom, my Bobo, and sister's-in-law. We had such a good time. The weather was perfect and I managed to get all my goodies on the plane with me. Scott always makes fun of me and Mom because I am notorious for leaving home with 1 bag and returning with 2 bags and 2 carry-on's. Mom is a pro and packing fragile items. I forgot to take my camera with me so sorry no pictures. I was glad my Bobo could make it. For those of you who don't know, she is my Mom's mom. We lost my Grandad in March, so a little girl's get-together was just what we all needed. I think as long as she stays busy, it makes it a little easier for her to live without her best friend.
It's finally greening up here.......it's about time. Fishing opener is this weekend, so that means around our house, every weekend will be spent at the lake. Scott's parents live 2 hours away on a great lake. I feel so blessed to have such great in-laws that enjoy the same things we do.
As far as school goes, we just started our summer semester. Kinda interesting b/c we are studying pediatrics and neonates (something that terrifies me greatly) so my admiration goes out to Amie and Abbe, NICU nurses, for taking care of such small blessings.
Okay enough blabbing....I hope this finds everyone well. Have a great rest of your week!

2 comments:

Jill said...

What? When were you at 1st Monday? When I talked to you on the phone the other day I was on my way home from my sister's because we went to 1st Monday on SATURDAY! If you were there I am going to be sick!

amie said...

Were you there when the tornado hit? My friend stopped by on the way down to Caddo..he is a fireman..and he said people were still shopping...duh, it's Canton!!!